Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) is an effective, post-lumpectomy radiation therapy that reduces your treatment from six weeks to just five days. APBI is almost always delivered with a specialized form of High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (internally delivered radiation therapy), but it can also by done with short-course external radiation. This means much less stress on you and your family, less time away from home and work and a quick return to your normal routine. It requires no sedation so you can drive yourself back and forth to treatments.
- Post-surgical radiation treatment for patients with early stage breast cancer
- Effectively destroys remaining cancer cells
- High precision techniques enable maximum dosage with minimum risk of side effects
- No sedation necessary and shorter treatment times help minimize interruption of normal activities
- No radiation remains in your body after treatment