Weeklong fun-filled event features daily themes, raffles, speakers and information to enhance patient cancer care experience
YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice, an affiliate of 21st Century Oncology announced today that they will host Patient Appreciation Week, a week-long celebration beginning Monday, November 4 to honor and show appreciation for their patients, past and present, as well as their staff, as they journey through cancer together. Daily activities including guest speakers and themed costume days, and meals provided to patients, staff and community members.
“At Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice, we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional patient experience,” says Alfred Tinger, M.D., F.A.C.R.O., Board Certified Radiation Oncologist and Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice Medical Director. “We value our patients and this is just one way we can give back to our community.”
Event organizer and Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice Certified Patient Navigator, Maud F. Colas, is hoping Patient Appreciation Week will create an opportunity for patients, healthcare providers and community leaders to meet and greet, and share valuable healthcare resources.
As a patient navigator, her role is to guide patients through the healthcare complexities while identifying, assessing and resolving nonclinical barriers to treatment. She aims to ensure patients receive timely cancer diagnoses and treatment, and as well as help with financial challenges, language barriers, insurance problems, transportation issues and patient fear.
“One of the goals of Patient Appreciation Week is to show our dedication to making a difference and saving the lives of patients from many walks of life who are battling cancer,” says Colas. “At Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice, patient experience is our number one priority. Personal, confidential patient care and guidance through treatment help to ensure the best possible outcome for each patient.“
Patient Appreciation Week will be held from November 4 through November 8 at Yonkers Radiation Medical Practice, located at 970 North Broadway, Suites 101, Yonkers. NY. For more information, call (914) 969-1600.
The activity schedule includes:
- Monday, November 4, is “Wear Pearls Day”. Andrea Kramer from American Cancer Society will be on site providing information and booklet literatures. Connie Bordenga from the American Cancer Society will donate seatbelt covers and pillows.
- Tuesday, November 5, Tuesday is “Crazy Socks Day.” Lucille Winton from Cancer Support Team will speak at 8:00 a.m. A staff luncheon is at noon.
- Wednesday, November 6 is “Purple Day”. Guests include Eva Salazar, Joan Clark, and Jackie Lopez from GuildCare Adult Day Health.
- Thursday, November 7 is “Tell a Joke Day”. Melinda Bellus, Esq., and Mihaela Petrescu, Esq., from Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, donating their time to discuss housing and legal matters. They will donate their services once a month at the clinic.
- Friday, November 8 is “Ugly, Funky, Spooky Tie Day”. City officials are schedule to visit at 12:15pm- Deputy Mayor Susan Gerry, and Chief of Staff Steve Levy.
For more information about our services, visit https://www.21co.com/newyork.
About 21st Century Oncology
21st Century Oncology is the largest global provider of Integrated Cancer Care services that strongly believes in fighting for patients like an army and caring for them like a family. Operating as one dream team in the crusade against cancer, the company employs or is affiliated with nearly 1,000 physicians globally to deliver the most advanced, integrated, and compassionate cancer care in personal and convenient settings. Headquartered in Fort Myers, FL, 21st Century Oncology operates 165 treatment centers, including 129 centers located in 15 U.S. states. In addition, the company operates 36 centers located in eight countries in Latin America. For more information, please visit https://www.21co.com/.