SAN DIEGO, Calif. – September 22, 2017 – Fort Myers, Florida-based 21st Century Oncology is proud to announce the acceptance of several Poster Discussions as part of this year’s American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) annual meeting. ASTRO’s annual meeting is the premier radiation oncology scientific event where over 11,000 clinical professionals share research and best practices to help enhance patient care.
Poster Viewings allow clinicians from all over the world to meet 21st Century Oncology researchers and authors to discuss cutting-edge clinical research findings. These discussions are essential to the ongoing modernization of radiation therapy in local communities.
“Our research at 21st Century Oncology is a testament to the quality of care provided in community cancer care settings. Our physicians could be treating at academic centers throughout the world, but have chosen to bring their talents to local and regional settings, where research is just as important as the academic setting,” said Constantine Mantz, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of 21st Century Oncology.
The following research was accepted for Poster Viewing at this year’s ASTRO meeting on September 24 – 27, 2017 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California:
- Bui D, Magnuson W, Ross R, Lester-Coll N, Qian J, Soulos P, Shafman T, Dosoretz A, Evans S, Yu J, Gross C, Decker R. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for oligometastases: a multi-institutional retrospective survival analysis.
- Mantz CA. Definitive External Beam Radiotherapy with Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Boost for FIGO Stage IB-IIB Cancer of the Cervix: Minimum 4-Year Disease Control, Toxicity and Quality of Life Outcomes from a Phase 2 Trial.
- Leung E, Gladwish A, Sahgal A, Lo S, Kunos, C, Lanciano R, Mantz C, Guckenberger M, Zagar T, Mayr N, Chang AR, Jorcano S, Biswas T, Pontoriero A, Albuquerque K. An International Radiosurgery Consortium Survey for Gynecological Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy.
- Ahamad A, Salenius SA, Ross R, Fernandez E. Utilization, efficacy and toxicity of hypofractionation for T1/T2 glottic cancer outside of academic centers.
- Ahamad A, Wallner PE, Salenius SA, Ross R, Fernandez E. Personalized versus standardized responses to patient queries: implications for physician time and provision of information.
For more information about our services, visit www.21co.com.
About 21st Century Oncology:
21st Century Oncology is the largest global, physician led provider of Integrated Cancer Care services. The company offers a comprehensive range of cancer treatment services, focused on delivering academic quality, cost-effective patient care in personal and convenient settings. As of March 31, 2017, the company operated 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states and 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America. The company holds market-leading positions in most of its domestic local markets and abroad.